How To Handle Mean Girls - the mindful way!
“Are you fed up of MEAN GIRLS?”
This episode is for you, where you can learn more about how you can rise above mean girls - the mindful way!
So, what is a mean girl? Let’s define it
- a bully who is a girl
- she is a peer or a girl in your class or school
- or she's someone you know in your social circle at home
- or someone you know outside of school - in a club etc.
Did you know? More girls than boys are reported to have been bullied at some point in their life, with those who are LBGT being bullied the most!
And you aren't alone!
- 1 in 2 have been bullied at some point
- 1 in 5 have been bullied within the past year
- 1 in 10 have been bullied at least once in the past week
- Sadly - a quarter of those who have been bullied go on to bully
And would you agree that it mostly takes place on social media?
- Almost half of all girls between 11-18, in the UK, have experienced some form of harassment or abuse on social media!
- With girls being told what to wear, how to look, to shut up about their opinions online and felt threatened by a comment made online!
AND girls feeling this way is getting younger!
A third of 7-10 year old girls believed that they were judged on their appearance, and a quarter felt the need to be perfect! Read more on this in this Guardian article
Repercussions of bullying on a victim - can cause the development of mental health issues, the following alarming stats were taken from a 2017 survey report
- 37% developing social anxiety
- 36% developing depression
- 24% having suicidal thoughts
- 23% self harming
- 21% skipped school
- 12% developed ASBO
- 12% developed an eating disorder
- 10% ran away from home
- and 8% abused drugs and or alcohol
So you can agree this is a serious issue but the good news is - that you can overcome it! Tune into the episode below to learn more on what you can do about this; where I share 3 mindful tips.
WATCH THE EPISODE OF 'TINA TALKS' TO LEARN MORE
Pastor Nick - He was born with no arms and legs and has turned into a motivational speaker / pastor. After overcoming harassment and tormented at school - where he attempted to take his life at only age 10! Click here to learn about his story and appearance on Oprah.
Allow his story to inspire you - to love and accept yourself - no matter what others do or say around you. You are perfect and divine just the way you are. xoxo
Get involved in the Conversation
Let us know in the comments what you’ll be incorporating into your mindful toolbox. As always, ask away if you have any more questions, I try my best to get to as many as I can.